KwBot is my IRC bot. It was originally registered on 2010-01-12 on Freenode.
It is currently in its third iteration. The current iteration is a very basic bot, written in Twisted.
It lives on Freenode. You can /invite it to your channel temporarily, or contact me to get it permanently. Demo in ##kwbot.
KwBot can act as a GitHub bot, currently working in co-operation with the official GitHub IRC bot (KwBot handles issues — missing from the GitHub bot and very useful)
The channels are logged; see logs from #nikola generated by KwBot.
Commands must be prepended with !, KwBot: or KwBot, — as demonstrated below.
<ChrisWarrick> !ping <KwBot> ChrisWarrick: pong <ChrisWarrick> KwBot: ping <KwBot> ChrisWarrick: pong <ChrisWarrick> KwBot, ping <KwBot> ChrisWarrick: pong
- ping — respond with pong
- hi — respond with Hi!
- hello — respond with Hello!
- help — respond with a message linking to this page
- logs — respond with the URL to KwBot’s logs for this channel on the Internet (if available)
- tell target message — add the message to a queue and show it when target joins the channel next time
- factoids — list factoids for this channel (messages that can be used for eg. common links or information)